Broth Based Stuffed Chicken
This is a family favorite. For those of you who are "clean" eaters, it's a naughty gourmet dinner that really isn't naughty (outside of the cheese). This recipe is packed with gut healing spices, leafy green amino acids and protein that is sure to keep you feeling your best!
- 2 large organic chicken breasts (comes in pouches and can be purchased at Costco)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth (preferably homemade, or Organic Pacific Bone Broth)
- Provolone or Goat Cheese
- 1 (16 OZ) Spinach
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup Triple filtered Organic Coconut Oil (Found at Trader Joes)
- Pkg Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, or Green Beans
- Prepare Marinade: Combine Turmeric, Cumin, Ginger, Black Pepper, 1/3 cup bone broth, and EVOO.
- Prepare chicken for stuffing. Slice 2 thick chicken breasts in half to make 4. Beat chicken breast until thin and wide.
- Cover chicken in marinade and store in fridge for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute spinach in coconut oil, chopped garlic and shallots. Add 1/4 cup of bone broth to finish saute.
- Distribute spinach mixture into onto each chicken breast and add your choice of cheese.
- Wrap chicken around mixture.
- Place on parchment paper on non-stick baking pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes and serve.
- Steam green vegetable of choice in 1/4 to 1/3 cup bone broth and season with your favorite spices.